Travelling to Mumbai

After some personal travel trips like Bangalore to Mysore, Chennai to Bangalore and local one travelling to Yelagiri Hills and on. The next trip was to Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay) in or around 1995. It was that too not personal as tour and travels but for an interview purpose. Anyhow, the trip that first time I had been to Mumbai from Bangalore is unable to forgot in my life time. I traveled from Chennai to Bangalore, then Bangalore to Solapur and the next day night from Solapur to Mumbai via buses. This is something out of design transport mode compare to train trip later for the same purpose.

Anyhow, the trip was naturally awesome since I was alone and no accompany with me except some strange travelers on the way. Yes, I got a bus to Chitradurga from Bangalore and then got it one more to Solapur. When I got down in Solapur next day. I called my cousin who was working over there, and, he came then picked me up to his place. Thanks God, everything gone smooth without any issue on travel except some tiredness of the travel though I forgot it since I enjoyed the whole moon and its shine on the way with natural act at whole night while travelling from bus.

I was not carrying any camera to take pictures on the way or the place where I visited. It is unfortunate since those days no 'Smartphone' as well. However, I can only recall those trips. Yes, after a day relaxing in Solapur, I tried to get a berth or seat from Solapur to Mumbai. It was unfortunate that my cousin unable to get either train berth or seat for me despite he tried as much as he can in front of me with various mode.

In a finest situation, he got one more friend on the way who adviced him to get the travel buses to get seat, thus, I got a seat likewise to move from Solapur to Mumbai. Yes, the travel begun at night from Solapur and reached Pune in the early morning then reached Dadar / Mumbai in the early afternoon. Thank God, safely reached Mumbai but the difficulty was the one who about to receive me in Mumbai left the place due to my bus arrived with delay and he had to go to his duty too. My bus supposed to be in the morning or by max 10am but unfortunately it reached around 12pm thus he had to leave.

Anyhow, I got the Mumbai's address where I supposed to stay, I then reached that place after some strange round on the way. Yes, I had to go to Nariman Point first from Dadar via local Taxi and then reached to my staying place. Thank God, everything went smooth except few hurdles in Mumbai that too searching for an address in local. Rest, local Mumbai people helped me to get the direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment